Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I've created this blog kind of by accident, but as long as it's here, I will blog.

The title of this blog, Books Bytes & Bafflement, is meant as a summary of many people's impression of the place I work: a large academic library at a large state university. I don't want to come off as a defeatist about my "dear old library,"but between the Library of Congress call number system which is different from the Dewey Decimal numbers many people know from school, smaller academic and public libraries, and the fact that many of my library's floors do not match...well, it's the rare library user that never feels baffled at my workplace at one time or another.

We reference librarians do what we can to alleviate library bafflement, and people tell us we save them a good deal of time if they come to us when beginning their information search. When I have time, I will put in some posts on some common research-related frustrations people encounter and strategies to counter them. Feel free to post your own library frustrations here, too...whether it's just to vent, or to seek a solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home